Italian Chicken Noodle Skillet
This saucy, cheesy pasta and chicken dish sure doesn't feel low fat, but it is! Writes Mary Jones of St. Louis, Missouri, “My husband loves this dish. It's so good, you'll want to lick the plate!”
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-3/4 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes in sauce
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute mushrooms for 2-4
- minutes or until tender. Stir in tomatoes and soup until blended.
- Stir in the chicken, Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes or
- until heated through.
- Drain noodles; stir into skillet. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese;
- cover until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 291 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 834 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.