Italian Chicken Noodle Skillet Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes in sauce
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute mushrooms for 2-4 minutes or until tender. Stir in tomatoes and soup until blended. Stir in the chicken, Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes or until heated through.
- 3. Drain noodles; stir into skillet. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; cover until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 291 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 834 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.