Italian Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 6 slices deli ham
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. Place butter and sage in a microwave-safe 11-in. x 7-in. dish. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 30 seconds or until butter is melted. Place chicken in dish; turn to coat. Top with green pepper and mushrooms. Cook, uncovered, on high for 8-10 minutes or until chicken juices run clear, turning and rearranging chicken twice.
- 2. Remove chicken and vegetables; keep warm. Add the tomato sauce, sugar and seasonings to cooking juices; mix well. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes or until heated through. Return chicken to the dish; top with ham, cheese and green pepper mixture. Cook on high for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (calculated without rice) equals 293 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 107 mg cholesterol, 881 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Reviews for Italian Chicken Cordon Bleu
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.