- oregano, garlic and thyme. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or
- until chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in the zucchini and mushrooms. Cover and cook on high for 45
- minutes or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve
- with cheese if desired. Yield: 8 servings (2-3/4 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/3 cups (calculated without cheese) equals 243 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 516 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 20 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.