Italian Chicken Chili Recipe
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Shredded Italian cheese blend, optional
- In a large skillet, cook sausage in oil over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the chicken, tomatoes, beans, celery, onion, red pepper, wine or broth, chili powder, oregano, garlic and thyme. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in the zucchini and mushrooms. Cover and cook on high for 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with cheese if desired. Yield: 8 servings (2-3/4 quarts).
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Italian Chicken Chili
Sort By :
"We made this to use up our leftover Thanksgiving turkey. I put it all together and sampled it, but it was a bit bland. We added some cumin, some coriander, 2 bay leaves and some red pepper flakes. After those modifications, it was great!"
"This is pretty good. It was good over pasta, but even better over baked potatoes! I will try it over rice next time too."