Italian Chicken Chardonnay Recipe
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 pounds bone-in chicken breast halves, skin removed
- 1/2 pound baby portobello mushrooms, quartered
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups chardonnay
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked pasta
- Shredded Romano cheese
- Combine the paprika, salt, pepper and cayenne; sprinkle over chicken. Place the chicken, mushrooms, red pepper, onion and artichokes in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the chardonnay, tomato paste, garlic and thyme; pour over vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender. Stir in parsley. Serve with pasta; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Italian Chicken Chardonnay
Sort By :
Great recipe! Thanks for submitting
I was truly disappointed in the outcome of this recipe. Followed the recipe as specified. Although I enjoy all of the ingredients, the combination is an undesirable taste.
We didn't care for this recipe. It did not have enough flavor and the chardonnay left a bitter aftertaste. We used boneless chicken breasts but I don't think that was what affected the flavors
I made this with pinot grigio instead of chardonnay. It was very good, the only thing I might try next time is using boneless chicken (breasts & thighs) and adjusting the time accordingly. It was really easy and tasty.
Made this New Year's Day and was very impressed. Quite delicious. Only changes I made was after 5 hours in crock pot on low, I diced up the chicken and returned to pot and added 1 bag of frozen style veggies of choice. Cooked for 1 more hour. Great flavor and aroma!