Italian Chicken Chardonnay Recipe
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 pounds bone-in chicken breast halves, skin removed
- 1/2 pound baby portobello mushrooms, quartered
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups chardonnay
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked pasta
- Shredded Romano cheese
- 1. Combine the paprika, salt, pepper and cayenne; sprinkle over chicken. Place the chicken, mushrooms, red pepper, onion and artichokes in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the chardonnay, tomato paste, garlic and thyme; pour over vegetables.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender. Stir in parsley. Serve with pasta; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (calculated without pasta and cheese) equals 282 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 103 mg cholesterol, 550 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 43 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 3 vegetable.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.