Italian Chicken and Squash
From Chubbuck, Idaho, Lisa Leavitt writes, “We love Mediterranean food, so one day and I decided to attempt it at home. I was surprised by all the flavor from such little effort and cost—and also by my husband’s request for seconds!”
LISA’S TIP: “I often garnish this dish with kalamata olives.”
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup crumbled tomato and basil feta cheese
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in butter over medium heat until no
- longer pink. Add yellow squash and zucchini; cook for 3-4 minutes or
- until tender. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Stir broth and lemon juice into chicken mixture. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through,
- stirring occasionally. Drain pasta; toss with chicken mixture and
- tomatoes. Sprinkle with cheeses. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 453 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 556 mg sodium,