Italian Chicken and Squash Recipe
From Chubbuck, Idaho, Lisa Leavitt writes, “We love Mediterranean food, so one day and I decided to attempt it at home. I was surprised by all the flavor from such little effort and cost—and also by my husband’s request for seconds!” LISA’S TIP: “I often garnish this dish with kalamata olives.”
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup crumbled tomato and basil feta cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook chicken in butter over medium heat until no longer pink. Add yellow squash and zucchini; cook for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2. Stir broth and lemon juice into chicken mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Drain pasta; toss with chicken mixture and tomatoes. Sprinkle with cheeses. Yield: 5 servings.
1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 453 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 556 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 34 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC