Italian Chicken and Squash Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup crumbled tomato and basil feta cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook chicken in butter over medium heat until no longer pink. Add yellow squash and zucchini; cook for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2. Stir broth and lemon juice into chicken mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Drain pasta; toss with chicken mixture and tomatoes. Sprinkle with cheeses. Yield: 5 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 453 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 556mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 34g protein.
Reviews for Italian Chicken and Squash
"Very light and flavorful. I did use olive oil instead of butter. I also added some fresh basil at the end. My husband loved it."
"this dish is so yummy. my kids loved it. I too tweaked the recipe. I added garlic and tossed the grape tomatoes in balsalmic vinegar. it was extremely tasty!"