Italian Chicken and Squash Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup crumbled tomato and basil feta cheese
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in butter over medium heat until no longer pink. Add yellow squash and zucchini; cook for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Stir broth and lemon juice into chicken mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Drain pasta; toss with chicken mixture and tomatoes. Sprinkle with cheeses. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Italian Chicken and Squash(3)
Sort By :
Very light and flavorful. I did use olive oil instead of butter. I also added some fresh basil at the end. My husband loved it.
this dish is so yummy. my kids loved it. I too tweaked the recipe. I added garlic and tossed the grape tomatoes in balsalmic vinegar. it was extremely tasty!
This is a very good recipe, but I made some changes to suit my tastes. First , I added 2 tablespoons butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil. This recipe needs garlic, so I added 3 minced cloves in with the squash. I used grape tomatoes instead of cherry and added fresh minced basil in at the end. I used the Parmesan but omitted the feta , because we don't care for it. I also marinated the grape tomatoes in some balsalmic vinegar before tossing them in with the pasta-great pasta dinner!
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Pasta >
- Chicken Pasta Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinners >