Italian Chicken and Rice Recipe
- 2/3 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk, divided
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Place 1/3 cup milk in another bowl. Dip chicken in milk, then coat with the cheese mixture.
- 2. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, combine the water, rice, salt if desired and remaining milk. Top with chicken. Drizzle with butter.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until the rice is tender and a meat thermometer reads 170°:. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 288 calories, 11g fat (0 saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 410mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Italian Chicken and Rice
"Where do you get the Italian seasoning? Is there a certain brand?"