Italian Chicken and Rice Recipe
- 2/3 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk, divided
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Place 1/3 cup milk in another bowl. Dip chicken in milk, then coat with the cheese mixture.
- 2. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, combine the water, rice, salt if desired and remaining milk. Top with chicken. Drizzle with butter.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until the rice is tender and a meat thermometer reads 170°:. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving (prepared with evaporated skim milk and margarine and without salt) equals 288 calories, 410 mg sodium, 78 mg cholesterol, 14 gm carbohydrate, 32 gm protein, 11 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.