Italian Chicken and Rice
"I combined the best of three favorite recipes to come up with this tender and tasty chicken-rice combination," writes Cathee Bethel of Lebannon, Oregon. "It's my family's favorite way to eat chicken."
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2/3 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk, divided
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Place 1/3 cup
- milk in another bowl. Dip chicken in milk, then coat with the cheese
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, combine the water, rice,
- salt if desired and remaining milk. Top with chicken. Drizzle with
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until the rice is
- tender and a meat thermometer reads 170°:. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Nutritional Analysis: One serving (prepared with evaporated skim milk and margarine and without salt) equals 288 calories, 410 mg sodium, 78 mg cholesterol, 14 gm carbohydrate, 32 gm protein, 11 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch.