"I combined the best of three favorite recipes to come up with this tender and tasty chicken-rice combination," writes Cathee Bethel of Lebannon, Oregon. "It's my family's favorite way to eat chicken."
- 2/3 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk, divided
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Place 1/3 cup milk in another bowl. Dip chicken in milk, then coat with the cheese mixture.
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, combine the water, rice, salt if desired and remaining milk. Top with chicken. Drizzle with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until the rice is tender and a meat thermometer reads 170°:. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Italian Chicken and Rice in Quick Cooking November/December 1998, p22
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Italian Chicken and Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 20, 2009
"Where do you get the Italian seasoning? Is there a certain brand?"