"I combined the best of three favorite recipes to come up with this tender and tasty chicken-rice combination," writes Cathee Bethel of Lebannon, Oregon. "It's my family's favorite way to eat chicken."
Recommended: 50 Chicken Recipes in a 13x9 Pan
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2/3 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk, divided
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Place 1/3 cup milk in another bowl. Dip chicken in milk, then coat with the cheese mixture.
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, combine the water, rice, salt if desired and remaining milk. Top with chicken. Drizzle with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until the rice is tender and a meat thermometer reads 170°:. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Italian Chicken and Rice in Quick Cooking November/December 1998, p22
Reviews forItalian Chicken and Rice
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 20, 2009
"Where do you get the Italian seasoning? Is there a certain brand?"