- 1 jar (24 ounces) garden-style spaghetti sauce
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 each small green, sweet yellow and red peppers, julienned
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- Hot cooked pasta
- Shaved Parmesan cheese, optional
- Mix first eight ingredients; stir in peppers. Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with sauce mixture.
- Cook, covered, on low until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°, 3-4 hours. Serve with pasta; if desired, top with shaved cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Italian Chicken and Peppers
"Very easy, awesome taste! Thank you"
"I just made this recipe on Saturday. This is the best dish ever! My whole family loved it, even my picky son who isn't a big chicken eater! I made this just as written, and we loved it. This is definitely a keeper!!!"
"This is a fabulously tasty dish!! I will be making this often!"
"It was just ok"
"My husband loved this and said it had a lot of flavor. I even put my chicken in frozen so it could cook longer. I used homemade canned tomato sauce and homegrown peppers and garlic. I will definetly make this again so easy!"
"very good.Easy to prepare."
"A tasty and easy slow cooker recipe."
"Rave reviews from my husband & two grown grandsons. Did in a dutch oven on top of stove. All organic ingredients, didn't use any cheese, used a box of tiny baby yellow & orange peppers. Yum-O, Recipe is a keeper, thanks Brenda."
"Very good make this one again"