I put this chicken recipe together one day when I had leftover peppers and wanted something easy with tomatoes. To my delight, the taste reminds me of pizza—something I love but can no longer eat! It's great with steamed broccoli. —Brenda Nolen, Simpsonville, South Carolina
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 jar (24 ounces) garden-style spaghetti sauce
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 each small green, sweet yellow and red peppers, julienned
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4-1/2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- Shaved Parmesan cheese, optional
- Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the spaghetti sauce, onion, peppers, cheese, garlic, oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Serve with chicken and sauce. Top with shaved Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Italian Chicken and Peppers in Healthy Cooking August/September 2009, p51
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Italian Chicken and Peppers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review