- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 jar (24 ounces) garden-style spaghetti sauce
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 each small green, sweet yellow and red peppers, julienned
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4-1/2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- Shaved Parmesan cheese, optional
- Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the spaghetti sauce, onion, peppers, cheese, garlic, oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Serve with chicken and sauce. Top with shaved Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Italian Chicken and Peppers
"It was just ok"
"My husband loved this and said it had a lot of flavor. I even put my chicken in frozen so it could cook longer. I used homemade canned tomato sauce and homegrown peppers and garlic. I will definetly make this again so easy!"
"very good.Easy to prepare."
"A tasty and easy slow cooker recipe."