Italian Chicken and Penne Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. In a nonstick wok, stir-fry the chicken, pepper, onion and garlic in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add the pasta, mushrooms, tomatoes, sauce and seasoning; heat through. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with cheese; let stand until melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Italian Chicken and Penne
Sort By :
This is a go to recipe for me. Filling and so good! I don't always use the mushrooms and usually skip the italian seasoning. Love this recipe!
I used whole wheat pasta, and the whole family enjoyed it! My daughter even asked to pack it in her school lunch the next day :)
I used diced tomatoes (canned) and skipped the mushrooms.
Everyone in my family gave it a so-so reaction. I thought it was bland. So I agree with keverwann. I won' be fixing it again.
This was okay, but we have had much better, just as easy pasta dishes.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Stir Fry >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Dinner Recipes >