- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. In a nonstick wok, stir-fry the chicken, pepper, onion and garlic in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add the pasta, mushrooms, tomatoes, sauce and seasoning; heat through. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with cheese; let stand until melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Italian Chicken and Penne
"This is a go to recipe for me. Filling and so good! I don't always use the mushrooms and usually skip the italian seasoning. Love this recipe!"
"I used whole wheat pasta, and the whole family enjoyed it! My daughter even asked to pack it in her school lunch the next day :)"
"I used diced tomatoes (canned) and skipped the mushrooms.Everyone in my family gave it a so-so reaction. I thought it was bland. So I agree with keverwann. I won' be fixing it again."
"This was okay, but we have had much better, just as easy pasta dishes."