Italian Chicken and Penne Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) Ragú® Homemade Style Pizza Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. In a nonstick wok, stir-fry the chicken, pepper, onion and garlic in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add the pasta, mushrooms, tomatoes, sauce and seasoning; heat through. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with cheese; let stand until melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cups equals 288 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 96 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.