Italian Cheese Sesame Rolls Recipe
These rolls are my family's favorite. Everyone from our children to our great-grandchildren dig right in when I put these goodies on the table.
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. In a large bowl, combine 3-1/2 cups flour, sugar and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Combine egg and warm milk; add to the crumb mixture. Stir in yeast mixture. Beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a firm dough.
- 2. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 5-7 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Roll each portion into a 12-in. circle. Spread with butter; sprinkle with garlic powder and cheese. Cut each into 12 wedges. Roll up wedges from a wide end and place point side down on greased baking sheets.
- 4. In a small bowl, beat egg and water. Brush over dough. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 40 minutes.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 16-18 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 132 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 153mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Italian Cheese Sesame Rolls
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC