Italian Cheese Loaf Recipe
Here's a deliciously different sandwich. It's yummy warm from the oven or off the grill at a cookout. The cheesy filling is complemented by a mix of garden-fresh ingredients and crusty bread. I usually serve it with a salad and onion rings.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 2 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped ripe olives
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1. Cut top half off loaf of bread; set aside. Carefully hollow out bottom of loaf, leaving a 1/2-in. shell (discard removed bread or save for another use).
- 2. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; mix well. Spoon into bread shell; replace top. Wrap in foil. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until cheese is melted. Slice and serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 204 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 478 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC