- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 2 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped ripe olives
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- Cut top half off loaf of bread; set aside. Carefully hollow out bottom of loaf, leaving a 1/2-in. shell (discard removed bread or save for another use).
- In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; mix well. Spoon into bread shell; replace top. Wrap in foil. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until cheese is melted. Slice and serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Italian Cheese Loaf
Sort By :
"1: Great. 2: Actually, greater than great......fantastic. The five stars are for not only the sandwich itself, but for the versatility it affords. I admit to my own embellishments, ie: meat (deli ham and hard salami), Havarti cheese with the other 2 cheeses mentioned, plus even more veggies. I felt sort of like I was behind the counter at Subway customizing a sandwich loaf to the tastes of my daughter, son-in-law and myself. I added mushrooms & artichoke hearts (for me and s-in-l); green, red, yellow & orange bell pepper strips; cucumber slices only on dtr's third. Also, I used slices of everything instead of chopping; made for easier layering. Cut it into 3rds (or more for more people or lighter appetite), wrap each & bake. Will make this again and again and probably change it up each time. I put this in my special "Repeater/Keeper" Recipe Binder. One last thing. This was fantastic baked, but would be just as great as a cold "sub" (hoagie, hero, Dagwood, Po-Boy, etc.)"