Italian Cheese Bread Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon quick-rise yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, yeast, sugar and salt. Beat in water and oil until blended. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead for 1-2 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 20 minutes.
- Punch dough down; place on a greased 12-in. pizza pan and pat into a 12-in. circle. Brush with salad dressing. Combine the seasonings; sprinkle over top. Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake at 450° for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1 loaf (16 pieces).
Reviews for Italian Cheese Bread(14)
Sort By :
A great versatile cheese bread. I cut them into sticks to go with an Italian meal also a great side with tomato soup. I agree that the thyme is too strong so I exchange it for some of our other favorite herbs. Taste's great and takes no time at all!
I have been wanting to make this recipe for a couple of years. Tonight I did. It was easy and quick, but I did not like the taste. The thyme was a little overwhelming. I know I could switch the herbs to my liking but I was rating the recipe on the recipe as stated. And as stated, I wasn't thrilled, nor was my bread eating family. I will try again with different herbs and spices. Thanks again for the recipe!
An old favourite. We all love this for a snack.
I made this in my bread machine using the dough setting. I had some thin spots, so next time I'll need to make sure I pat it evenly in the pan. The bread was delicious. I added some oregano to the dough and used olive oil instead of canola oil.