Italian Cheese Bread Recipe
People are astounded to learn I make this savory Italian bread from scratch in less that an hour. With this recipe from my brother-in-law, warm slices are a delicious and easy alternative to garlic toast. I'll sometimes use this bread as a snack or appetizer.
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon quick-rise yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, yeast, sugar and salt. Beat in water and oil until blended. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead for 1-2 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 20 minutes.
- 3. Punch dough down; place on a greased 12-in. pizza pan and pat into a 12-in. circle. Brush with salad dressing. Combine the seasonings; sprinkle over top. Sprinkle with cheeses.
- 4. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1 loaf (16 pieces).
1 serving (1 each) equals 171 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 428 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Italian Cheese Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC