Italian Cheese Bread Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon quick-rise yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, yeast, sugar and salt. Beat in water and oil until blended. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead for 1-2 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 20 minutes.
- Punch dough down; place on a greased 12-in. pizza pan and pat into a 12-in. circle. Brush with salad dressing. Combine the seasonings; sprinkle over top. Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake at 450° for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1 loaf (16 pieces).
Reviews for Italian Cheese Bread(13)
Sort By :
A great versatile cheese bread. I cut them into sticks to go with an Italian meal also a great side with tomato soup. I agree that the thyme is too strong so I exchange it for some of our other favorite herbs. Taste's great and takes no time at all!
I have been wanting to make this recipe for a couple of years. Tonight I did. It was easy and quick, but I did not like the taste. The thyme was a little overwhelming. I know I could switch the herbs to my liking but I was rating the recipe on the recipe as stated. And as stated, I wasn't thrilled, nor was my bread eating family. I will try again with different herbs and spices. Thanks again for the recipe!
An old favourite. We all love this for a snack.
I made this in my bread machine using the dough setting. I had some thin spots, so next time I'll need to make sure I pat it evenly in the pan. The bread was delicious. I added some oregano to the dough and used olive oil instead of canola oil.
This has become my go to recipe for breadsticks. So fast and easy to make and my whole family loves them.