After trying a store-bought mix for cheesy beer bread, I realized I could create a better one from scratch. We serve slices appetizer-style with marinara sauce for dipping.—Kelly Maxwell, Plainfield, Illinois
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients; stir in cheese. Stir in beer just until moistened (batter will be thick).
- Transfer to a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan; pour butter over top. Bake 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Originally published as Italian Cheese Beer Bread in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014
Reviews for Italian Cheese Beer Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 22, 2014