Italian Catfish Fillets Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon zesty Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons shredded Romano cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Pour half of the sauce into an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange fish over sauce. Top with remaining sauce.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (1 fillet with 1/4 cup sauce) equals 292 calories, 17 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 911 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Italian Catfish Fillets
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.