Italian Cabbage and Rice Recipe
The whole family enjoys pitching in to assemble this delicious dish. They especially like the fact that they can sit back and taste the fruits of their labor in no time!
- 1-1/2 pounds ground pork
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- 6 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook pork, onion and garlic until pork is browned; drain. Add the next nine ingredients; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in rice, bacon and red pepper flakes if desired; cover and simmer 5 minutes more or until cabbage is tender. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 380 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 398mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.
Reviews for Italian Cabbage and Rice
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC