The whole family enjoys pitching in to assemble this delicious dish. They especially like the fact that they can sit back and taste the fruits of their labor in no time!
Recommended: 65 One-Dish Dinners That Make Cleanup a Breeze
- 1-1/2 pounds ground pork
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- 6 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, cook pork, onion and garlic until pork is browned; drain. Add the next nine ingredients; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in rice, bacon and red pepper flakes if desired; cover and simmer 5 minutes more or until cabbage is tender. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Italian Cabbage and Rice in Country Pork 1996, p60
Reviews for Italian Cabbage and Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review