Italian Burritos Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in marinara sauce, cheeses and garlic powder.
- 2. Spoon 1/3 cup filling near the center of each tortilla. Fold bottom and sides of tortilla over filling and roll up. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake 18-20 minutes or until bottoms are light brown. Yield: 8 servings.
1 burrito: 275 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 326mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 starch, 2 lean meat
Reviews for Italian Burritos
"Was okay by itself. A bit on the bland side. The second time I made this, I used half ground beef and half Italian sausage, and it was MUCH better."
"We all thought this was really good. Simple but yummy."
"I thought it was ok."
"Really liked this recipe!"
"Hubby said, "Not bad." Used Trader Joe's marinara sauce, a baking dish, heated at 250 degrees for 10 minutes."
"Fast, Easy, and Super Tasty!"
"Quick and easy. I added an onion to the meat while cooking. Also, I increased the amount of marinara sauce slightly. Served them with sour cream on the side. Not bad for a quick meal."
"Tortillas get to crunchy in the oven with no sauce over the top and we did not care for the flavor. They needed less cheese and more Italian seasoning."