No beans about it: Nothing but beef, cheese, garlic and sauce is stuffed inside these baked burritos. My family is very picky, so I came up with these to satisfy everyone—and it worked! —Donna Holter, Centennial, Colorado
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium
- heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles;
- drain. Stir in marinara sauce, cheeses and garlic powder.
- Spoon 1/3 cup filling near the center of each tortilla. Fold bottom
- and sides of tortilla over filling and roll up. Place on a baking
- sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake 18-20 minutes or until bottoms
- are light brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 burrito equals 275 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 326 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 18 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.