No beans about it: Nothing but beef, cheese, garlic and sauce is stuffed inside these baked burritos. My family is very picky, so I came up with these to satisfy everyone—and it worked! —Donna Holter, Centennial, Colorado
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Stir in the marinara, cheeses and garlic powder.
- Spoon 1/3 cup filling off center on each tortilla. Fold sides and
- ends over filling and roll up. Place on a baking sheet coated with
- cooking spray.
- Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until heated through and
- bottoms are lightly browned. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 burrito equals 275 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 326 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 18 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.