No beans about it: Nothing but beef, cheese, garlic and sauce is stuffed inside these baked burritos. My family is very picky, so I came up with these to satisfy everyone—and it worked! —Donna Holter, Centennial, Colorado
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in marinara sauce, cheeses and garlic powder.
- Spoon 1/3 cup filling near the center of each tortilla. Fold bottom and sides of tortilla over filling and roll up. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake 18-20 minutes or until bottoms are light brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Italian Burritos in Healthy Cooking April/May 2012, p54
Reviews for Italian Burritos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 5, 2015
"We all thought this was really good. Simple but yummy."
Reviewed Dec. 30, 2014
"I thought it was ok."
Reviewed May. 24, 2014
"Really liked this recipe!"
Reviewed Dec. 12, 2013
"Hubby said, "Not bad." Used Trader Joe's marinara sauce, a baking dish, heated at 250 degrees for 10 minutes."
Reviewed Feb. 12, 2013
"Fast, Easy, and Super Tasty!"