- In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper
- and nutmeg. Layer sausage mixture and spinach over bread; pour egg
- mixture over top. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and refrigerate
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to
- 350°. Cover and bake 50 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes
- longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 373 calories, 20 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 255 mg cholesterol, 839 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.