Italian Broccoli Recipe
- 1/2 pound fresh broccoli spears, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Salt to taste
- 1. Place broccoli in a steamer basket; place in a small saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, combine the oil, garlic and pepper flakes if desired. Cook over low heat until garlic begins to brown, about 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Using a slotted spoon, remove garlic and discard. Add broccoli and toss to coat. Season with salt. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 96 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 30 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Italian Broccoli
"My husband called this 'melt in your mouth broccoli' and loved it! I used frozen broccoli instead of fresh and it turned out great. Here's my blog post on it: http://heatskitchen.com/2015/12/19/italian-broccoli/"
"The subtle flavors are fine with me."
"I'm sorry, but I don't get it. This was very bland, without substance. There are many better ways to prepare unforgettable broccoli, but this isn't one of them."