Italian Broccoli Recipe
- 1/2 pound fresh broccoli spears, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Salt to taste
- 1. Place broccoli in a steamer basket; place in a small saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, combine the oil, garlic and pepper flakes if desired. Cook over low heat until garlic begins to brown, about 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Using a slotted spoon, remove garlic and discard. Add broccoli and toss to coat. Season with salt. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 96 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 30mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Italian Broccoli
"My husband called this 'melt in your mouth broccoli' and loved it! I used frozen broccoli instead of fresh and it turned out great. Here's my blog post on it: http://heatskitchen.com/2015/12/19/italian-broccoli/"
"The subtle flavors are fine with me."
"I'm sorry, but I don't get it. This was very bland, without substance. There are many better ways to prepare unforgettable broccoli, but this isn't one of them."