Italian Broccoli with Peppers Recipe
This healthy side dish goes with just about anything. And for a satisfying meal, we like it over pasta or grilled chicken or turkey breasts. —Maureen McClanahan, St. Louis, Missouri
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium ripe tomato, cut into wedges and seeded
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring 6 cups water to a boil. Add broccoli; cook, uncovered, 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place broccoli in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet, saute peppers in oil for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add the broccoli, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper; cook 2 minutes longer. Add the tomato; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup equals 55 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 228 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC