Italian Broccoli with Peppers Recipe
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium ripe tomato, cut into wedges and seeded
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring 6 cups water to a boil. Add broccoli; cook, uncovered, 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place broccoli in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet, saute peppers in oil for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add the broccoli, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper; cook 2 minutes longer. Add the tomato; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup equals 55 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 228 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Italian Broccoli with Peppers
"This is a good, healthy tasty dish."
"I had one small yellow squash, so I added it, and used the frozen broccoli on hand. Very good taste to this dish, even with the frozen broccoli. Complemented Parmesan breaded baked tilapia and white shoepeg corn well. I think anyone would enjoy this quick and easy side dish. Thanks for sharing."
"I made it just as is but added strips of lean pork. It was a wonderful meal."
"We are trying to eat a little healthier and this is an excellent way to start. I have now shared this with my daughter and her family as I know they will also enjoy it."
"I made this recipe as written. We really enjoyed the fresh flavors."
"Loved it !Pleasing to eyes and pallete!I didnt use cheese.I am making it again my whole family loved it ages 3 to 43"