- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium ripe tomato, cut into wedges and seeded
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring 6 cups water to a boil. Add broccoli; cook, uncovered, 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place broccoli in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute peppers in oil for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add the broccoli, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper; cook 2 minutes longer. Add the tomato; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Italian Broccoli with Peppers
"This is a good, healthy tasty dish."
"I had one small yellow squash, so I added it, and used the frozen broccoli on hand. Very good taste to this dish, even with the frozen broccoli. Complemented Parmesan breaded baked tilapia and white shoepeg corn well. I think anyone would enjoy this quick and easy side dish. Thanks for sharing."
"I made it just as is but added strips of lean pork. It was a wonderful meal."
"We are trying to eat a little healthier and this is an excellent way to start. I have now shared this with my daughter and her family as I know they will also enjoy it."
"I made this recipe as written. We really enjoyed the fresh flavors."