Italian Broccoli Salad Recipe
I received this recipe from my cousin several years ago, and it remains a family favorite. It's also a real crowd-pleaser whenever I take it to a potluck.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 10 min. YIELD:10-12 servings
- 2-1/2 pounds fresh broccoli
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 jar (5-1/4 ounces) sliced pimiento-stuffed olives, drained
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) Italian salad dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Parboil broccoli; cool and cut into bite-size pieces. Place in a large bowl; add bacon, olives and onions.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine salad dressing, mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese; mix well. Pour over vegetables and toss. Serve immediately. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 407 calories, 38 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 1,237 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC