Italian Broccoli Pasta Salad Recipe
"I've served this dish at our children's graduation parties, and everyone has asked for the recipe," Loretta Conrey notes from Cedar Rapids, Iowa. The chilled pasta salad is perfect for a picnic or potluck. Dressed with a light coating of reduced-fat salad dressing, it's chock-full of good-for-you cauliflower, carrot and broccoli bits.
- 8 ounces uncooked spiral pasta
- 2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup creamy Italian salad dressing
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe dish, combine the cauliflower, broccoli, carrot and water. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes. Immediately place vegetables in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- Drain pasta and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, vegetable mixture, water chestnuts, olives and onion. In a small bowl, combine the salad dressing, dill and salt. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Italian Pasta Salad in Light & Tasty August/September 2004, p14
Reviews for Italian Broccoli Pasta Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review