Italian Broccoli Bake Recipe
There are several diabetics in my family, and I've enjoyed adapting dishes to meet their needs. This flavorful Italian recipe is such a dish.—Carol Wilson, Chelsea, Oklahoma
- 1-1/2 cups (16 ounces) fat-free cottage cheese
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 large bunch broccoli, sliced lengthwise into spears
- 1 cup reduced-sodium meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a blender or food processor, place cottage cheese, egg whites, Parmesan cheese, flour and Italian seasoning; cover and process until smooth. Set aside.
- 2. Place broccoli and a small amount of water in a skillet; cover and cook for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain. Place half of the broccoli in a single layer in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with cottage cheese mixture and remaining broccoli. Pour spaghetti sauce over broccoli. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 9 servings.
1 each: 147 calories, 5g fat (0g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 341mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 15g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 1 meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Italian Broccoli Bake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC