There are several diabetics in my family, and I've enjoyed adapting dishes to meet their needs. This flavorful Italian recipe is such a dish.—Carol Wilson, Chelsea, Oklahoma
Featured In: 13x9 Brunch Recipes
- 1-1/2 cups (16 ounces) fat-free cottage cheese
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 large bunch broccoli, sliced lengthwise into spears
- 1 cup reduced-sodium meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a blender or food processor, place cottage cheese, egg whites, Parmesan cheese, flour and Italian seasoning; cover and process until smooth. Set aside.
- Place broccoli and a small amount of water in a skillet; cover and cook for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain. Place half of the broccoli in a single layer in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with cottage cheese mixture and remaining broccoli. Pour spaghetti sauce over broccoli. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Italian Broccoli Bake in Country Woman July/August 1999, p36
Reviews for Italian Broccoli Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review