Italian Breaded Chicken Recipe
- 3/4 cup fat-free ranch salad dressing
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine salad dressing and garlic; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and pepper. Drain and discard marinade. Roll chicken in crumb mixture. Place in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 2 servings.
1 chicken breast half equals 297 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 813 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.