Italian Breaded Chicken
This scrumptious chicken is low in fat but bursting with flavor from the marinade and breadcrumb coating. The meat is tender and moist—and so easy. —LaDonna Reed, Ponca City, Oklahoma
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Bake: 20 min.
- 3/4 cup fat-free ranch salad dressing
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine salad dressing and garlic;
- add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least
- 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs,
- Parmesan cheese and pepper. Drain and discard marinade. Roll chicken
- in crumb mixture. Place in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with
- cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 20-25 minutes or
- until chicken juices run clear.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half equals 297 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 813 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.