- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°), divided
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a bowl, dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup warm water. Add sugar; let stand for 5 minutes. Add the oil, salt, remaining water and 2 cups of flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 40 minutes.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Pat dough flat. Let rest for 5 minutes. Press into a greased 14-in. pizza pan. Spread with salad dressing. Combine the garlic powder, oregano, thyme and pepper; sprinkle over dough. Top with cheeses.
- Bake at 450° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 12 slices.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Italian Bread Wedges
Sort By :
This bread is delicious! I used frozen pizza dough and fresh parmesan and it turned out excellant.
These Bread Sticks are quick and easy to make. The flavor of the Italian dressing and cheese makes these delectable.