"It's easy to put dinner together on a busy night when you prepare this salad with its delicious pizza flavor," says Sandra Castillo of Sun Prairie, Wisconsin. "I often cut a block of mozzarella into cubes rather than using shredded cheese," she notes.
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing, divided
- 7 cups ready-to-serve salad greens
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 cup sliced pepperoni
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- In a large salad bowl, combine bread cubes, tomatoes, basil and 1/4 cup salad dressing; let stand for 5 minutes. Add the salad greens, green pepper, pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and olives. Drizzle with remaining salad dressing; toss to coat. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Italian Bread Salad in Quick Cooking September/October 2003, p11
Reviews for Italian Bread Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review