Italian Bow Tie Supper Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package (16 ounces) bow tie pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- 2. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the tomato sauce, tomatoes and seasonings. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until bubbly.
- 3. Increase heat to high; stir in pasta, spinach and cheeses. Cover and cook 10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Italian Bow Tie Supper
"Delicious and easy! Loved it. I love stewed tomatoes, so I added one extra can of those and a half cup more mozzarella. I felt it lacked a little flavor, so I added some extra Italian seasonings as well. As with any recipe, season to taste! I might add some ricotta or cottage cheese to it next time, not necessary, but might be a tastly little addition. Enjoy!"
"This is a great dinner to come home to. My whole family loves it. I leave out the spinach and serve a vege on the side and it's always good."
"My family loves this!"
"The spinach was a delightful touch but overall I was surprised at how bland this ended up tasting."
"I have been making this for years. It is a regular part of my dinner rotation. Great to take to potlucks as well. Always a hit."
"This recipe is delicious! It tastes so light in your mouth you just want another bite as soon as you take your first. Even the kids loved it!"
"Another slow cooker recipe that I love!K"
"Great recipe. but instead of doing it in a crock pot i followed the recipee but did it in the oven. my 7 kids had high reviews. good way to hide the spinach. :)"