Italian Bow Tie Supper Recipe
Joy Frey of Kelso, Missouri appreciates the convenience of this meal—its flavor might remind you of ravioli. "The recipe makes a lot, so I don't have to cook on the night we enjoy the left-overs," she adds.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Cook: 7-1/4 hours YIELD:6 servings
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package (16 ounces) bow tie pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- 2. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the tomato sauce, tomatoes and seasonings. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until bubbly.
- 3. Increase heat to high; stir in pasta, spinach and cheeses. Cover and cook 10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC