- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package (16 ounces) bow tie pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the tomato sauce, tomatoes and seasonings. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until bubbly.
- Increase heat to high; stir in pasta, spinach and cheeses. Cover and cook 10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Italian Bow Tie Supper
Sort By :
This is a great dinner to come home to. My whole family loves it. I leave out the spinach and serve a vege on the side and it's always good.
My family loves this!
The spinach was a delightful touch but overall I was surprised at how bland this ended up tasting.
I have been making this for years. It is a regular part of my dinner rotation. Great to take to potlucks as well. Always a hit.
This recipe is delicious! It tastes so light in your mouth you just want another bite as soon as you take your first. Even the kids loved it!