The brilliant method of toasting BLTs in a coating of crispy bread crumbs takes these sandwiches from satisfying to spectacular. Joyce Moul - York Haven, PA
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 turkey bacon strips, diced
- 4 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 slices reduced-fat provolone cheese
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- 4 teaspoons fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1/3 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Layer
- two bread slices with cheese, bacon, lettuce and tomato; top with
- remaining bread.
- Brush outsides of sandwiches with salad dressing. Place bread crumbs
- in a shallow bowl. Coat sandwiches with bread crumbs; spray with
- butter-flavored cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches in oil for 2-3
- minutes on each side or until bread is lightly browned. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 272 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 761 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber,