- 2 turkey bacon strips, diced
- 4 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 slices reduced-fat provolone cheese
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- 4 teaspoons fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1/3 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Layer two bread slices with cheese, bacon, lettuce and tomato; top with remaining bread.
- Brush outsides of sandwiches with salad dressing. Place bread crumbs in a shallow bowl. Coat sandwiches with bread crumbs; spray with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches in oil for 2-3 minutes on each side or until bread is lightly browned. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Italian BLTs
"This is going into the Kitchen Keeper book! Yum"
"I did not make this recipe as directed but used their ideas. I used 2-3 slices of regular bacon per sandwich. I did not have Italian dressing on hand, so I used ranch dressing on a Country White bread. I also used Jack cheese because that is what I had. It was delicious and tastes like you went to a deli for a sandwich. I have also used the method to coat the bread several time when making grilled cheese which is also wonderful!"
"These were so YUMMY! I was expecting them to be good, but these actually exceeded my expectations. They were a hit with the adults in my family as well as our children. My youngest helped me make them. They are simple to make and have the taste of a restaurant. We stuck to the recipe except, we used 2 slices of bacon per sandwich and used Texas toast vs. Italian bread. (only because this is what was in the house) I would definitely make these again. Thank you!"
"Oh my gosh! These were a huge hit with the adults and children! (ages 9 & 12) My husband doesn't care for Italian Salad dressing, but LOVED these sandwiches. I followed the instructions almost all the way. I did use 2 slices of the turkey bacon on each sandwich. We also chose to use Texas Toast, because it was what we had in the house. Super delicious! Thank you for this recipe!"
"I haven't made this yet but my guyswould have a fit if I tried to make a sandwich with only one slice of bacon per sandwich."