Italian Beef Recipe
- 1 beef top round roast (4 pounds)
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon each salt, dried oregano, dried basil, garlic powder, dried parsley flakes and pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 14 French rolls (5 inches long)
- 1. Cut roast in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the water and seasonings; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours or until meat is very tender. Discard bay leaf. Remove meat and shred with a fork. Skim fat from cooking juices; return meat to slow cooker. Serve on rolls. Yield: 14 servings.
3 ounce-weight: 386 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 557mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 2g fiber), 34g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2-1/2 starch, 3 lean meat
Reviews for Italian Beef
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.