Italian Beef Sandwiches Recipe
My mother-in-law often served these flavorful sandwiches after church when we'd visit. Because there's little prep work, I make them on busy weeknights alongside french fries and raw veggies. Our children get excited when they smell the beef simmering in the slow cooker. -Jan Kent Knoxville, Tennessee
- 1 beef tip sirloin roast (4-1/2 pounds), cut in half
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 can (12 ounces) beer or additional beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 10 Italian sandwich rolls (6 inches), split
- 1. Place roast in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the broth, beer or additional broth, water, vinegar, soup mix, salad dressing mix, garlic, oregano and basil; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove roast. When cool enough to handle, shred meat, using two forks. Return to slow cooker and heat through. Using a slotted spoon, spoon shredded meat onto each roll. Serve juices as a dipping sauce. Yield: 10 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC