- 1 beef tip sirloin roast (4-1/2 pounds), cut in half
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 can (12 ounces) beer or additional beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 10 Italian sandwich rolls (6 inches), split
- Place roast in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the broth, beer or additional broth, water, vinegar, soup mix, salad dressing mix, garlic, oregano and basil; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast. When cool enough to handle, shred meat, using two forks. Return to slow cooker and heat through. Using a slotted spoon, spoon shredded meat onto each roll. Serve juices as a dipping sauce. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Italian Beef Sandwiches
Sort By :
"My family loves these sandwiches. I use a 4lb bottom round roast and serve it on bakery fresh bolillo rolls. I put provolone cheese on the bread and toast it under the broiler. We also like pepperocinnis on the the sandwiches. Served with potatoe salad and homemade German chocolate cake for desert and it's the perfect birthday meal or Sunday dinner."
"Perfect recipe as is - full of flavor. I will make again and again"
"This needs lots of Giardinera. The cut of meat wasn't quite right either. My hubby says this is a make again, but I was disappointed. Just didn't taste like Chicago style. Guess I should have looked for a Chitown recipe.Update: much better the second time around. I quadrupled the garlic. Also used a smaller cut of meat - 3lbs. So maybe for this large a cut use a extra onion soup packet. To make as written was sort of bland to me."
"So delicious! I also used the mild banana peppers and juice instead of vinegar. I have made this with beer and also with Marsala wine. LOVE IT with the wine best! So easy and works great for casual get togethers!"
"This has become one of our family's most requested meals. Thank you for sharing!"