Italian Beef Roll ups
Meet the Cook: When I serve Italian Beef Roll-Ups, my family and friends tell me that I should open a restaurant. And this dish tastes even more delicious rewarmed!
I do a lot of cooking, especially now that we're retired. As a special treat, I like to bring dinner to our daughters (we have three) and their husbands.
-Lucia Johnson, Massena, New York
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 1-1/2 hours
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top round steak, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh celery leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups spaghetti sauce
- Hot cooked pasta
- Pound meat to tenderize. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cut into
- 3-in. to 4-in. squares. Combine the bread crumbs, cheese, celery and
- herbs. Place a heaping spoonful of crumb mixture on each meat square
- and roll up. Secure with string or a toothpick. Roll meat in
- remaining crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet, brown roll-ups in oil on all sides. Pour
- spaghetti sauce over all; cover and simmer 1-1/2 hours or until meat
- is tender. Serve with pasta. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 448 calories, 19 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 1,267 mg sodium,