Italian Beef Roll ups Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top round steak, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh celery leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional
- Hot cooked pasta
- 1. Pound meat to tenderize. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cut into 3-in. to 4-in. squares. Combine the bread crumbs, cheese, celery and herbs. Place a heaping spoonful of crumb mixture on each meat square and roll up. Secure with string or a toothpick. Roll meat in remaining crumb mixture.
- 2. In a large skillet, brown roll-ups in oil on all sides. Pour spaghetti sauce over all; cover and simmer 1-1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with pasta. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 448 calories, 19 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 1,267 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 37 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.