Italian Beef Patties Recipe
- 2/3 cup Ragú® Homemade Style Pizza Sauce, divided
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 3 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese, halved
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 1/3 cup pizza sauce, egg, bread crumbs, onion, oregano, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties. Place on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Broil 6 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear, basting frequently with remaining pizza sauce. Top with cheese. Broil 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 325 calories, 19 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 132 mg cholesterol, 365 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.