Italian Beef Patties
Make these pizza flavored patties from Deanna Maciejewski of Bridgeton, Missouri and watch the kids devour them! Give them a try in buns for a pizza-like cheeseburger, or try them on rice or with a side of deli pasta salad for a super-fast fix.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2/3 cup pizza sauce, divided
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 3 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese, halved
- In a large bowl, combine 1/3 cup pizza sauce, egg, bread crumbs,
- onion, oregano, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix
- well. Shape into six patties. Place on a broiler pan coated with
- cooking spray.
- Broil 6 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until
- juices run clear, basting frequently with remaining pizza sauce. Top
- with cheese. Broil 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted. Yield:
- 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 325 calories, 19 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 132 mg cholesterol, 365 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 29 g protein.