Make these pizza flavored patties from Deanna Maciejewski of Bridgeton, Missouri and watch the kids devour them! Give them a try in buns for a pizza-like cheeseburger, or try them on rice or with a side of deli pasta salad for a super-fast fix.
- 2/3 cup pizza sauce, divided
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 3 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese, halved
- In a large bowl, combine 1/3 cup pizza sauce, egg, bread crumbs, onion, oregano, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties. Place on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
- Broil 6 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear, basting frequently with remaining pizza sauce. Top with cheese. Broil 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted.
- Freeze option: Prepare uncooked patties and freeze, covered, on a plastic wrap-lined baking sheet until firm. Transfer patties to a large resealable plastic bag; return to freezer. To use, cook frozen patties and top with cheese as directed, increasing time as necessary for a thermometer to read 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Italian Beef Patties in Simple & Delicious July/August 2007, p25
Reviews for Italian Beef Patties
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review