Italian Beef on Rolls
From Harrison, Arkansas, Jami Hilker writes, “This is one of my all-time favorite slow cooker recipes!” With 28 grams of protein per serving, it’s a great way to meet your daily protein needs!
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (2 pounds)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 hard rolls, split
- Place the roast in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the
- tomatoes, green pepper, water and seasonings; pour over roast. Cover
- and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices; shred beef
- and return to the slow cooker. Serve on rolls. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup beef mixture on 1 roll equals 326 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 572 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot