- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (2 pounds)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 hard rolls, split
- Place the roast in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, green pepper, water and seasonings; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices; shred beef and return to the slow cooker. Serve on rolls. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Italian Beef on Rolls
Sort By :
Going to school South of Chicago, I have a different recipe for Italian Beef. Take a round roast (the restaurants use the entire "steamship" round, and lace it liberally with garlic slivers, then cover liberally with ground mace, then with dried oregano leaves and add cracked red pepper (about 2 ts for a 4 lb roast). Bake in a baking bag until tender, slice and put in a pot with the juices from the baking bag, ad enough water just to cover, and simmer for 1/2 hour covered. Check salt and serve on torpedo rolls with peperoncini on the side. Just like the restaurants serve, enjoy.